An Musical Interlude

There are times when being a writeist is very cool, and this is one of them. When I was up in Shetland before Christmas I was talking to Donald Anderson of Shetland Arts about the new book, and the website HarperCollins were going to put together for the TV talent show that features in it: Britain's Next Big Star.

And after a few pints of Guinness I managed to persuade him to write a song and perform it for the website. A packet of crisps, and he agreed to dedicate it to Alison and Jenny McGregeor too! Bwahahahahaha. Best cheese-and-onion I ever spent. So when we did the final even of my writer-in-residency, Donald got up and performed the song, Gwilym Gibbons filmed it, I sodded about with some filters so it would fit the BNBS website and Bob's one of your parents' siblings.

And now, after a long time dormant, I can proudly present: Donald Anderson and One More Twist Of The Knife.



What's even more impressive is that the song's actually based on the workshops I was giving while I was in Shetland, and works in a lot of the themes and exercises. How cool is that?

Mr Anderson, our hats are off to you!

Labels: , ,