An wee snippet of criminality

I was going to point towards this earlier, but I've been battling the old wordcount monster. And losing. But the less said about that the better - after all, there's a perfectly good reason ostriches bury their heads in the sand.

But the think I'm pointing at is BBC Radio Scotland's Write Here Right Now thing. It's basically NaNoWriMo done up in a fetching tartan cape, and this year they're encouraging people to try their hand at writing a crime novel: 1,000 words every day. And in order to encourage people they've got a bunch of crime writers to pen some pearls of wisdom that are emailed out every day (but only one at the weekends, because we don't want to be greedy, do we?)

My email went out for this weekend, but not content with having produced writerly waffle on the joys of setting a crime novel on your home turf (they chose the subject), I've also signed up for the emails myself. Because I'm nosy and I want to know how other people do their funky thang.

Apparently you don't have to be Scottish to sign up, nor will anyone come round your house and break your knees if you don't actually play along. Or at least, that's what they want you to believe...

Labels: