Sunday's things are full of stuff...

Like The Nameless Horror and Mr Sunshine, I got my PLR statement in yesterday. As such I have to give a big 'up' to all my righteous homies what did borrow the book. Because thanks to those lovely people at the Public Lending Right organisation, I get a wee pile of pennies every time someone takes any of the books out. And it all soon mounts up. Hurrah! The strangest thing though is seeing how many people have actually frequented their local library looking for something decent to read and ended up with me instead: just over 28,000 of them. Poor sods.

In other news: today is the day that Sandra's first book (Suspicious Circumstances) hits the world! It's been getting some really good notices, which is nice to see. She Who Must Have An Excuse To Drink More Reasonably-Priced Australian Sparkling Wine and I shall raise a glass in her honour tonight. It's always cool when a friend does well. So if any of you out there have books coming out, let me know so I've got an excuse to raise more glasses! Mind you, it doesn't even have to be books, it could be a promotion, or a new dishwasher, or a smaller electricity bill than you were expecting. I'm not fussy; we'll celebrate the opening of an envelope around here.

And in otherer news, Tammy is bucking for 'nicest person in the world: 2007'. She's a braver woman than I am. I only ever made it as far as 'Silly Village Girl' and 'Aesthetically-Challenged Sister'. Still, it's a career highlight I suppose...