Something very strange

When I was down in London last week, I had another weird experience -- I was recognised by someone I didn't know. I'd just managed to lock myself out of my hotel room and gone downstairs to reception to ask for another keycard...


What a bloody strange feeling. Thank God he didn't ask me to sign anything (especially as he had my credit card) or I would have died of embarrassment. How the hell proper celebs -- rock and movie stars, not fuckwits from reality TV or people sleeping with footballists -- cope with it on a daily basis I'll never know. Or experience ;}#

Anyway, as it's now Sunday morning I'm assuming someone's already won the ITW new novel thingie -- so congratulations whoever you are!

And now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go be all celebrityish and present the awards at a fencing tournament. And before you say anything, yes, I know -- I feel exactly the same way, but a friend asked so I couldn't really say no. I'll just have to kid on that it's perfectly normal for a bearded twit who locks himself out of his hotel room, to hand over fencing trophies.

Well, maybe in Bizarro World...