Stuff what I get emailed about

Every now and then I get a tap on the shoulder from She Who Must to say I’ve got a new message from the website. This one got me thinking…

Paul posted this on Monday 27-Feb-2006
Can I be signed up to your newsletter?

No.

Nothing personal Paul, it’s just that I don’t have one. I know other people do - Val McD has one that Sandra speaks very highly of – but I’ve never really thought of putting one out. I’ve never signed up for anyone else’s newsletter, so I’m kinda at a disadvantage as to the whys and wherefores. What would go in it? Everything of note (and a lot that isn’t*) gets posted here anyway. What else would people want to know? And that’s not a rhetorical question, I’m really interested.

And in addition to this here websitey blog thingie, there’s also the HarperCollins Author Tracker. Which sounds slightly sinister. When HC did their website review of Casa MacBride, I got a small scolding for not pointing people in that direction. So I went there and signed up today. Thought it would be nice to see what I’m doing. And just to be on the safe side, I’m keeping an eye on Alex Barclay and Michael Marshall Smith’s movements as well. If I can figure out when they’re not in, I’m nipping round to steal their washing.

* Come on, let’s be honest here, most of it is complete and utter bollocks.