Speaking of Curly Wurlies...

America is even weirder than I'd thought – I was Googling for 'Curly Wurlies' (as you do) and came across a discussion about how Curly Wurlies were basically the same as Marathon Bars. "Bollocks, they are!" I said to no one in particular, as the cat was off depopulating the local fauna, "Marathons are nothing like Curly Wurlies! Marathon bars are what turned into Snickers for no readily apparent reason."

But lo and behold, there's evidence on the web, that US Marathon Bars were "a full eight inches of braided caramel covered in milk chocolate." How screwed up is that? Our Curly Wurlies were their Marathons and our Marathons became their Snickers...

I'm sure there's some great cosmic significance to all this, but until I stumble upon it in an absinth-addled fugue*, I'm going to put it down to Americans being weird.

And let's not even get started on that whole 'trousers' V 'pants' thing.

* Which might take a while as I don't drink the stuff. I'm bearded, not mad. And I like my ears where they are, thank you very much.