Not quite half-way there...

Well, that’s five months now that I’ve been masquerading as a full-time write-ist. Fine months down and seven to go until I go back to working for INoGITCH. Presuming there’s still a job for me to return to. No guarantees and all that.

So, looking back on the last five months – what have I achieved. Hmm... A couple of short stories, some interviews, some nice reviews, some not so nice, Harrogate, an edit or two of Dying Light and about the first third of TSA. Not exactly the whirlwind of industry I thought I’d be*.

All I have to do now, is plan, start, write and finish the third Logan book and I’m back to being an IT person again. With a regular salary. Maybe by this time next year Super Agent Phil will have lined me up another book deal, but in the time in-between, I’m really going to have to go back to work, or we’ll all be eating sawdust and pickled gravel. And the cat doesn’t like pickled gravel...

Actually, now I come to think about it, she catches a lot of mice. She usually leaves us half of every mouse she kills (the back half – I’m guessing mouse brains are the tastiest bit) and we grow potatoes. Anyone else thinking what I’m thinking?

Mouse stovies! Mouse and chips! REAL bubble and squeak!**

And we’re walking.

* Can you tell I’m having difficulties getting back into TSA?
** OK, you need cabbage for that too, but it’s the thought that counts, right?