Saturday in Harrogate

Today the plan is/will be to go see some panels not featuring bearded sex gods such as myself. Reginald Hill is chatting with about his series and standalone books, but it’s, like, nine in the morning dude! I’m still going to be a breakfasting, unless I seriously get my finger out. Alexander McCall Smith might be worth a look, as will the ‘Humour in Crime’ thing. Then it’s off to the HC Champagne reception, where I can be a bad influence on Agent Phil (two drinks and he’s anyone’s). Mmm, publisher’s champagne…


I think the chances of getting into the Michael Connelly event are slim to nonexistent, but we’re ever hopeful of crashing the Orion party afterwards in his honour. Especially as we’ll be liquored up on fizzy wine by then. “Whaddya mean we can’t come in? Don… don you know who I am? Tee hee… Oh, Phil’s falled over…” Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp… “Come on Michael, lessh go for a kebab!”