Not with a bang

Well today is the day: 03 May 2005, the official release date of my first every published book. Right there. Done and dusted. Out in the real world…

Hmmm… Then why is that I feel I should be doing something other than I have been today? I mean, it’s a momentous day, one that I’ve been dreaming of for years, how come it’s come and gone without so much as a ‘ta-daaaaaa!’ Nada. Silence. Not a sausage.

I suppose it’s got a lot to do with the book’s launch party having taken place last Wednesday (and once more a BIG thank you to Ottakar’s Aberdeen for that), now that it’s launched, it doesn’t really matter when it actually gets officially published. And let’s face it: the book was already available for sale in the Airport bookshop when we picked Agent Phil up for the party – nestling buttock-to-buttock with James Patterson’s latest – so it’s not like people have had to wait about with baited breath for this very day.

And yet…

I don’t know. I supposed I thought there’d be something more to do today than play with the cat and clean the kitchen. Go figure :{#