To Blog, or not to blog, that is the question…

Well, that’s day one back to work over and done with. Just another 17 (non-consecutive) days to go, before it’s leave of absence time. The first, ‘I understand congratulations are in order’ happened before I’d even stepped foot in the place this morning. It seems that Norman (gawdblessim) spent some time spreading the good word yesterday. So about half a dozen people wandered past my god-awful oubliette of a desk to wish me well and ask about getting published. Best one has to be Lawrence, who was so chuffed at the news that he positively glowed with pleasure on my behalf. It really brought a smile to my bearded, little heart. I can’t think when so many people have been so genuinely pleased for me.

But I digress, this evening’s excuse for a bastardised Shakespeare quote is something I’ve been pondering since Christopher ego-googled his way across this blog. Suddenly this fairly anonymous little journal, sometimes frequented by some nice people and more real oddballs, has become something my family, and now my work colleagues can traipse through at their leisure (though not at work as wrists will be slapped). Am I comfortable with this or not… Can’t decide. On the one hand, I’ve obviously felt the self-indulgent ramblings on this site are suitable for the rest of the world, so why do I squirm slightly at the thought of people I know and see every day reading it? And it’s not like I’m going to get fired for posting here, like poor old Joe Gordon, I don’t post anything about the company I work for, or my job (heck-fire, I ain’t even named them – and before any smart-arse thinks of outing the company on the back blogs, I have the power to delete and I’m not afraid to use it) and even if they did decide to take disciplinary action, what they going to do? I’ve only got another 17 days to go, remember? And if they want me out, they’ll have to give me four weeks notice, or pay me for them, so I could sit on my bum at home and be paid for it… Hmm…. There’s a thought: I have some secrets I could spill…

See, there’s that digression again. I don’t know if anyone else has their blog perused by colleagues or not. And I suppose with the growing popularity of ‘lurking’, I suppose most people may not even know that Susan from Accounts is delving into their secret, deviant, little online world.

Who knows…