Fidget, fiddle, sigh and pace...

Getting restless. I miss writing, but HC haven’t come back to me with suggested alts for Book 2 (still no name) yet – probably because of that pesky London Book Fair thing – and there’s no way in the gilded monkey’s rectum I’m going to start in on Book 3 (even if it does have a title) before Book 2's finished, so I am currently ‘between projects’. Add to that the fact that I’m about to start my next slice of working from home, and you have a perfect recipe for going slowly insane.

In order to stave off the beckoning call of mental illness I have begun mapping out ‘The Standalone’. I was planning on writing the thing this year anyway, so why not start it now? Nothing else to do... I’m quite looking forward to it, even if it’s unlikely to come out anytime soon. HC will want to build the series, not surprisingly, and having me sod about before people have got used to buying and reading my books is probably not the best of ideas. But – and here’s the clever part – it’ll mean that by the time I’m delivering Book 3 (about Christmas this year), which finishes off the current three book contract, I’ll have ‘The Standalone’ in the bank and can hopefully use it to negotiate another three book deal. Though, to be frank, I’d happily sign a six book one.

Right, that’s enough blogging – time to get to work...