Less ‘Scat’, More Cat...

You may have noticed that my postings have recently been of a somewhat scatological bent. This must end, otherwise people will think everyone in Scotland is obsessed with poo. This is not the case: most people are obsessed with football, and how that compares with excrement as a topic of conversation I leave up to you.

So, leaving talk of jobbies and whatnot behind, I turn instead to my day, which I suppose is the whole point of having a blog. Kinda stinky. It’s not that I’ve not enjoyed getting back to my programming roots, but… I’m hella-bored with it now. I want to be writing again. I miss it, making stuff up. Making people up. Making nasty things happen to them.

The only spark on the horizon is the couple of shorties I want to write for the website, a kind of ‘get to know some of the Cold Granite supporting cast’ thing. Which I’m looking forward to writing, but have been keeping on the back-burner until this damn website is finished.

Now I could have just thrown up a bunch of flat HTML pages, but no: that would be too easy. Instead I have to go build some dynamic, multifunctional application with optional idiot-proof edit facility. WHY? I’m the only one going to be using the damn thing! (and yes, this is an anorak moment when I admit that I’m building in a security model to allow a select group to add and edit things, but at least I’ve never owned a Klingon uniform, so it’s not THAT bad)

And it’s not like there aren’t other things to do! We’ve still got to tidy the house for Sunday’s ever-decreasing birthday party (lots of people seem to be growing ‘prior engagements’) which is a lot more complicated than it sounds, considering it’s been two years and we’re still living out of boxes. Then there’s the cat to be played with and that new front door sign to be made, not to mention that tomorrow is ‘Photo Day’. Yes, the weather has finally turned nasty enough to merit going and taking some pictures of Aberdeen for the website. Hoorah! Tomorrow I get to freeze my arse off taking pictures of Aberdeen’s underbelly.

But I suppose I have no one to blame but myself. Which is never a good position to be in.