And yet...

Good job I was circumspect about the name of ‘Actor To Read Book’ as it appears he’s no longer able to fulfil this commitment. So anyone getting all excited about some big-name Scottish actor person reading the thing, will have to apply ice to their underwear. It ain’t going to happen.

I, of course, have gone back to the Philster and said: look mate, if they can’t get the bloke they want – I’ll do it. If nothing else it’ll cut down on the outgoings and maximise our chances of earning out. And I will qualify that statement by saying, I’m not exactly a novice at the old voiceover lark: I’ve done numerous adverts on radio and work on videos as well (OK, the voiceover work was all about oil production units and associated installations, but it’s the thought that counts.), how hard can it be to read a 127,000 word manuscript?

Strange isn’t it: how quickly things can change…