Well, looks like Phil was wrong…

Christmas has come and gone, but there’s still no sign of book 2 being finished. *sigh* I suppose in hindsight it was a bit rose-tinted to think I could actually get through the final 7 or 8 chapters and deal with the whole Christmas shopping / decorations / family visits / stuff at the same time.

Still looking on the bright side I now have in excess of 119,000 hand-crafted words with only another 8,500-ish to go before it’s the same size as Cold Granite. But then I can’t see this one wrapping up properly in a mere 3 chapters. Too many things to bring to a conclusion (and in one case a devious, hanging inconclusion). So I’m thinking there’s still another 8 chapters to go. So that’s about another 28,000 words and brings the thing in scarily close to the contracted value of 150,000. Which I always thought was WAY too long…

Hmmm… Maybe I’ve been subconsciously aiming for the contract value? If nothing else it should give Jane and Sarah something to get their editing teeth into.