Them chapters keep on comin’

Book number two now stands at 139,499 individually hand-crafted words. Today’s been a good day I think. A little short of the 3,500 target, but a lot of fun to write. As the book’s nearing its conclusion I’ve started writing shorter chapters, keeping the action moving. Which is nice, if for no other reason that I can polish off more than one chapter in a session and kid myself I’m doing great.

Another reason for the upbeatishness is I’ve had one of those marvellous back seat moments (in the terms of not having to drive, rather than making out with a cheerleader – needs must and all that). Two of the characters from the previous book just clicked back into exactly the same interpersonal relationship they did last time: bickering. I love it. No work required on my part, just sit back and let them get on with it. All I have to do is write it down.

Now I just have to decide if I’m going to kill off one of the main supporting characters from the first book, or not. Touch and go at the moment. Touch and go…