52 days of secrecy to go…

Yup, the time of the big reveal comes closer (Can’t really say ‘looms’, can I? I mean it’s AGES to go yet!). Fiona decreed last year, when I told we were going to be keeping this whole ‘getting-a-book-published’ thing a secret , that she would not be able to survive any further than February 2005. Well, to be honest, she started off at September 2004 and I negotiated it up from there. So it had been decided that we’re going to have a little get-together on my birthday and make the announcement.

Now, the thing is that I don’t want to tell people until the day of the party. Just put out a cryptic invite saying: ‘Come along for a BIG announcement (and bring some champagne)’ but Fiona thinks this may convey the impression that she’s pregnant and that prospective grandparents may have their expectations cruelly dashed when it turns out to be nothing more than a publishing deal with major UK, German, American, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian and Italian publishing houses. Parents can be funny that way I suppose.

And if we’re lucky I’ll have finished book 2 by then too…