Bah, humbug and poo to the whole thing

Well, maybe not the whole thing, but definitely to the wandering about town all bleedin’ day trying to waste loads of money buying things that probably aren’t even wanted for people we rarely ever see! Arrrrrrrrrgh! Half eight in the morning we started on Saturday and still didn’t get finished until the back of five. But on the plus side, we did manage to pick up stuff for pretty much everyone, except the two most important people on the list: ourselves. So I’ve still got to fight my way back into town at some point to get something nice for She-Who-Must-Be-Indulged. Personally, I’m not that fussed about getting anything much this year. I got my Christmas present in May when I got my three book deal. (and yes, that still makes me smile)

Of course the worst thing about the whole Christmas shopping thing is that I’ve got absolutely no writing done this weekend at all. Not a sausage. Nada. Not one single, solitary word. Did a bit of thinking, but thinking butters no sprouts. This means I’ll have to knuckle down and try to produce something this week, or there’s no way I’m ever going to get this first draft ready for Christmas.

Bah and humbug!