Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we’re back...

Well that’s a shock to the system. 12 days at home writing stuff – with the cat providing creative input – and now it’s back to the day job again. Which really, really hurts. I think it was actually easier when I was working full time and cramming the writing into the evenings and weekends. OK you don’t have a life outside a computer monitor, get a bit pasty and develop a taste for braaaaainnsssss, braaaaaainsssssss, but you don’t have the whole ‘getting back into the swing of things’ to get past the whole time. Now getting back into the writing is hard (took three days this time to get up to my usual 3500 words a day level) and the getting back into work is like covering ones willy with cod-liver oil and using it to frighten polar bears. It HURTS!

But, looking on the bright side, I do have access to the old internet now. Which means I can finally go sign up for broadband, which I can only do online… Is it just me, or does anyone else see the flaw in the logic?

Labels: