Guildford-a-go-go…

Well, here we are again (or, I am at any rate), sat in a little office in Guildford for the project that forms my delightful day job. At least the flight down this time was a nice surprise: there was some sort of mistake with the electronic check-in thing and I ended up flying business class, instead of being strapped to the undercarriage like usual. Ahhh… Hot, moist towelettes and “would you care for something else to drink, sir?” OK, so it’s half nine in the morning and the only real options are orange juice and tea, but it’s the thought that counts.

But the real benefit of being down here is that I get to access my hotmail directly (which is normally banned at work) and can catch up on all the things I’ve supposed to have done for my lovely publishers and their publicity departments. One of these days I’m probably going to have to join the rest of the world and get some of that internet stuff installed on my computer at home. BUT, as I’ve been working on the damn thing for nearly ten years now (designing web sites, programming web sites, managing other people who do web sites, applications and all thazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz… ‘snork’? Hmm? Where was I?) I’ve never really seen the point before. Ah, ‘tis the end of an era. Next thing you know I’ll be getting a mobile phone and learning how to text – Aye, right. That’ll be shining!

Maybe I should just eat more greens instead.